RELIANCE JIO CASE STUDY
The leadership took a decision to become Harwdare/OS/Operation/vendor agnostic and achive scalability and reliability across the organisation. We helped them with all the technologies, training to make that happen. Our open platform helped them to become complete software defined, automate all operations. We helped them to learn to manage IT in most modern way.
BUSINESS OBJECTIVETransformation towards becoming hardware / Os / Vender / Operation agnostic.
Make everything software defined.
TechnologiesAWS, Infrastructure as a code,
Reliance Jio Infocom Limited is a leading mobile network operator in India. We all know that their network is enormous and immense, and too often the operations team has to handle colossal workflows at all times of the day, the workloads become very intense and affect the performance of the data. Reliance Jio operations get piled up with tedious tasks every minute and extensively needs real-time business processes to monitor their workloads. From new service activations to monitoring tons of data, the telecom company had a tough time in doing RCA with its existing licensed monitoring applications. While at it, when dealing with a mammoth telecom company and assuring them that we can handle and provide a solution which is 100% scalable was a tough part for us. Once we succeeded in gaining their trust, we moved on to analyze and plan a panacea that was expected by the telecom company.
- Licenced Monitoring Software: Reliance Jio was mostly using licensed products for more than 30 applications to maintain a large amount of data. Most of these applications were service based and big data related. They needed a customized open source tool to manage and run tons of data via millions of network elements.
- Customized Tool: The telecom company required a personalized tool to monitor and provide an outright solution that helps in taking more viable decisions.
- Massive data: Generating high volumes of data in petabytes and processing it in real rear time with more profound insights was another challenge to the telecom company.
- We designed and developed a real-time monitoring framework for business use case implementations.
- The solution is customized and scalable using sophisticated analytic tools.
- Visibility on certain key metrics is the prime factor that reliance Jio achieved through our real-time monitoring services.
- Knowing the workflow orchestration of their applications widened their business payoffs in a short span of time.
Synectiks providing a customized solution and targeting the pain points of Large Motor Systems.
When Large Motor Company approached Synectiks, they were handling multiple tasks with traditional infrastructure model. They have reached a point on the edge where they can no longer withstand the outage issues that rippled their business to two folds and finally resulted in high potential cost for their business. Initially, Large Motor Company’s infrastructure was not tailored as per their requirements that resulted in maintaining huge operations effort to manage their data centers. They were expecting quick and accurate releases to meet their growing business needs. With almost high CAPEX and OPEX, their IT budget was already skyrocketing and was going beyond their expectations. Their primary focus areas were on scalability, agility, and reliability issues. Once fixed, they can outperform in their core areas and compete in their line of business for better business prospects.
How did we handle the problem and customized a tool for better visibility?
We used Prometheus a powerful systems & service monitoring tool and Influxdb as a time series database, with Grafana metric analysis for visualizing time series data. We hosted the entire technology stack in Kubernetes platform so that it can scale elastically with minimal operations. Intelligent plugin scripts were embedded to work with Prometheus data collection engine and extract intuitive data from the large dataset. Smart analytics were built on intelligent data stored in time series database and this resulted in important business monitoring views.
- The telecom company was able to achieve a 100% open and highly scalable monitoring platform.
- We helped them in harvesting right business insights in real time that responds to their business needs.
- Finally, Reliance Jio got the flexibility to have complete visibility on the valuable business information instead of being flooded with clear data.
- The telecom company now can rapidly develop any business monitoring capability as needed.
- A highly cost-effective scalable monitoring platform.