Synectiks Open Xformation Platform
As every business today need to address volume/velocity challenges, it must evolve to stay ahead of demand. Cloud adoption requires a secure and consistent Foundation to allow enterprises migrate their workloads at speed. Smart tooling and automation hugely streamline delivery and management within organization. We don’t want to waste our customers resources on ‘reinventing the wheel’. By productizing our expertise and carefully researching the best tool, we aim to deliver to you a complete solution which offers cost-efficient secure cloud and on the top of it, extremely scalable, reliable, secure application done right. The goal of Xformation platform is to simplify the digital transformation, make customers life simpler, give them flexibility to go to any cloud, create container clusters, develop and deploy microservices/Bigdata/IOT applications seamlessly and manage operations with our automation bots.
SYNECTIKS Open Xformation platform is consolidation of tools/utilities within a simplified and extensible architecture. The Xformation platform can use all the existing assets and best practices accelerating Digital Transformation journey and reduce time to do modernization in most defined and secure way.
SYNECTIKS Open Xformation platform and its Software-Defined Foundation services help in building the Landing Zone with Network Security to protect applications and data, allowing customers to scale and accelerate their cloud adoption. The comprehensive compliance foundation service includes the creation of a landing zone which is a pre-configured secure environment that implements DISA's Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) requirements.
With SYNECTIKS Xformation platform, companies can take advantage of an API-driven cloud architecture and get going faster.
How does it actually work?
The Foundation Platform creates at least 3 enclaves to take your products and services in cloud:
Virtual Data Center Management Services
- Primarily all management backplane managing multiple products and services. Typical services include (Operation Automation, Monitoring, Log Analysis, Alerting, Authentication & Authorization (AD/LDAP), SSO, OCSP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, PATCH, ACAS, ALM (Application Lifecycle Management Services)
Virtual Data Center Security Services
- Software-defined Network Security, Firewall, IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection & Protection System), HBSS (Host Based Security System) and Compliance Audit system (PCI-DSS/HIPPA/CISP...)
- Secure landing zones for mission critical workloads in cloud, provisioned and managed by VDMS/VDSS platforms. The VDMS platform provision a landing zone with quick start Account Setup, Network, Security, Identity & Access based on best practices and standards that can be leveraged across all applications migration.
Synectiks Open Xformation Platform
Everything Software defined (IaC & Container Orchestration)
Rapid Application Delivery
Through our code, customers can go to any cloud (Private/Public), aggregate hardware resources in pure software-defined way and populate highly secured elastic platform to deliver application services. It will help customers to create and maintain Container delivery clusters (AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Messos DCOS, SWARM) across cloud (Private/Public) in a most efficient manner. It will create a landing platform in cloud which is highly secure and elastic and services can just be deployed across cloud in a controlled manner.
It will help to deliver containerized microservices through quality gates, that will ensure the highest level of software quality, agility and reliability.
It will help customers to rapidly develop/deploy/maintain microservices/Bigdata/IOT applications seamlessly. The base application templates along with delivery and operation automations will be provided so that customers can rapidly build highly scalable applications.
It will help customers to manage day to day operations and diagnostics ability with automation bots. Most operation automation bots are written in server less programming.
System Architecture of Xformation Platform
This is overall system architecture. The architecture attempts to ensure scalability across every layer (Infrastructure/Application Services) to ensure horizontal scalability everywhere. This is the master architecture to write a highly scale-out application, it talks about application services, compute and network platform.
The upper half deals with the hardware aggregation on the top of cloud layer. With the available container orchestrator, we aggregate CPU/Network/Storage and it looks like One big consolidated resource. You can deploy application services seamlessly through the Continuous Delivery pipeline, and they run being transparent to the underneath computing resources. At application level, the scalability is achieved at individual service level as well as elastic resource pool level.
The layer no section 2, primarily involves creating resources across Private/Public cloud. In case of Hybrid cloud, we prefer opting for our Equinix IBX/IOA implementation so that Private/Public clouds are hosted in same private address space. Equinix is doing that.
The bottom half deals with hardware and network scale-out. The architecture assumes hyper scaling (Intel RSD Implementation) to seamlessly add CPU/Memory/Storage and create any private cloud on top of it.
At the network layer, it assumes that, private and public cloud are hosted in same colocation ensuring minimal hop between them as well as they stay in same private network space. We collaborate with Equinix colocation platform and use their IBX/IOA based communication to guarantee the scalability/performance and security at network layer.
SYNECTIKS Xformation platform currently implements the Automation and Orchestration of the cloud, Container Orchestrator, DevOps and ALM Layer, primarily Layer 1 & 2.
Application Block Architecture
This is a standard microservice based basic application architecture. We tried to carefully refactor the basic services what any enterprise application would require and provision them separately. Each microservice uses some combination of Cache/SQL/NoSQL/GRAPH/Bigdata databases to make them individually scalable. The real challenges lie in deploying and maintaining so many services along with their databases. We deploy and manage all the components of services in aggregated hardware platform so that we can properly address their lifecycle.
Here follows the list of basic services along with their functionality and database components:
- Session & Security Management - Primarily serves session/security/role-based access control. This uses REDIS Cluster (cache DB) and NoSQL database (Dynamo).
- Configuration Management - Serves application configuration and config customization abilities. This uses Dynamo DB (NoSQL) at the backend.
- Workflow Service-- Serves business workflow services. It uses Dynamo DB (NoSQL) at the backend.
- Content Service-- Serves storing and accessing and searching of all documents and attachments. It uses mongo DB and distributed filesystem (CEPH) at the backend.
- Search Service -- Perform elastic and intelligent searches on any record. Uses distributed filesystem for indexing.
- WIKI Service -- It store and manages the text contents. It uses Aurora RDS.
- SSO Service -- It manages the Single-Sign-On service.
- Rating / Feedback Service -- - It manages some basic rating/feedback services. It uses NEo4j and couch cache database.
- Bigdata Analytic Service -- It implements bigdata based analytic services. It uses DRUID on top of HDFS for OLAP on bigdata.
- Web UI -- Application Web based UI.
- API GATEWAY -- API gateway for API serving.
Workflow service use JCR content service, WIKI service to cater horizontal scalability.
Apart from this, any application will have its own domain driven services depending on its functionalities. A highly scale-out application should deploy all its basic services along with its domain drive services to an aggregated container cluster. Each individual service uses some combination of Cache/SQL/NoSQL/GRAPH/Bigdata database and they also get deployed in aggregated container cluster.
Synectiks Enterprise Transformtaion
Moving to AWS cloud with Data Center retirement for Motor Industry.