We may collect and receive information about users of our Services ("users," "you," or "your") from various sources, including: (i) information you provide through your user account on the Services (your "Account") if you register for the Services; (ii) your use of the Services; and (iii) from third-party websites, services and partners.
- Information We Collect
- Site Activity Data
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
Each time a visitor comes to this website, our web server collects and logs certain information. These access logs are kept for a reasonable period of time. These logs include, but are not restricted to, your machine’s TCP/IP address, your username (if applicable), date, time and files accessed. These logs are used solely for performance, usability, site administration, security reviews and to help improve the experience of visitors to our site. They are not sold or shared in any way to third-party organizations.
- Social Media. Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Third parties can also set cookies when you visit Synectiks websites. For example:
- Companies we hire to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics, place cookies when you visit our sites. See opt-out links below.
- Companies that deliver content, such as videos or news, place cookies on their own. These companies use the data they process in accordance with their privacy policies, which may enable these companies to collect and combine information about your activities across websites, apps, or online services.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Please refer to your browser’s privacy or help documentation to find Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers.
- Account Registration: When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address and telephone number. If you choose to refer a friend to our Services, we may also collect your friend’s email address so that we may send them a referral or promotional code to sign up for our Services.
- Payment Information: When you add your financial account information to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
- Communications: If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
The personal information that you are asked to provide and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate and maintain our Services;
- Improve, personalize and expand our Services;
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- Develop new products, services, features and functionality;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Process your transactions;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide our Services, for promotional and/or marketing purposes and to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information.
Aggregate Information. Where legally permissible, we may use and share information about users with our partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
Third-Party Partners. We also share information about users with third-party partners in order to receive additional publicly available information about you.
Information We Share When You Sign Up Through a Referral.If you sign up for our Services through a referral from a friend, we may share information with your referrer to let them know that you used their referral to sign up for our Services.
Business Transfers.Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
With Your Consent.We may share information with your consent.
Synectiks website uses technologies from third-party analytics providers, which help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device, through which they can collect information about your online activities across applications, websites or other products. However, we prohibit these analytics providers from using web beacons on our sites to collect or access information that directly identifies you (such as your name or email address). You can opt out of data collection or use by some of these analytics providers by clicking the following links:
- Google Analytics:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Google AdWords:https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
- Outbrain Inc.:https://www.outbrain.com/legal/privacy
Advertising allows us to provide, support and improve some of our products. Synectiks does not use what you say in email, chat, video calls or voice mail, or your documents, photos or other personal files to target ads to you. We use other data, detailed below, for advertising in our products and on third-party properties. For example:
We may share data we collect with third parties, such as Marketo, Google Analytics, or Facebook (see below), so that the ads you see in other sites and apps serviced by these partners are more relevant and valuable to you.
The ads that you see may be selected based on data we process about you, such as your interests and favorites, your location, or the content you view.
The ads that you see may also be selected based on other information learned about you over time using demographic data, location data, search queries, interests and favorites, usage data from our products and sites, as well as the sites and apps of our advertisers and partners. We refer to these ads as “interest-based advertising” in this statement.
Synectiks will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where Synectiks need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for Synectiks legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where Synectiks need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
You may access other third-party services through the Services, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within the Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
Synectiks is committed to protecting your information. To do so, we employ a variety of security technologies and measures designed to protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you are a registered user, you may access certain information associated with your Account by logging into our Services or emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your Account, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion may remain stored on our servers and may remain accessible to the public.
To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. Your ability to access and correct your information may be temporarily limited where access and correction could: inhibit Synectiks ability to comply with a legal obligation; inhibit Synectiks ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims; result in disclosure of personal information about a third party; or result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Synectiks or a third party.
You can use some of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
You may unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. If you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions found at the end of the email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
The data controller of your personal information is Synectiks Inc.